This is a great time to consider your next move at GamCare as we’re recruiting an Evaluation Manager – this is a new role and is an excellent opportunity to use your expertise in participatory evaluation approaches to play a key role in the Data and Insights team. The role will help us to embed evaluation evidence at the heart of decision making and service design, and you will help National Gambling Support Network providers build a deep understanding of evaluation practices. This will enable them to design and deliver the services that their users need to ultimately make a real and positive difference to the lives of people affected by gambling in the UK.
The Evaluation Manager will be a trusted adviser to the Head of Data and Insights and will put evaluation for learning and improvement at the heart of decision making. You will use your skills in designing and delivering /commissioning multiple evaluation projects to support policy makers, commissioners, and practitioners to make decisions grounded in high quality evaluation evidence. You will develop and advocate for appropriate evaluation strategies, methodologies, and tools by working closely with Lived Experience and Participation colleagues to produce evaluation findings. Key stakeholders can then engage with and use these findings to drive change in the way they design and deliver services.
This is a 18-month fixed term contract in the first instance, however there is potential for a permanent position.
- Developing and advocating for appropriate evaluation strategies, methodologies, and tools.
- Designing and delivering multiple evaluation and projects to support policy makers, commissioners, and practitioners to make decisions grounded in high quality evaluation evidence.
- Leading colleagues to analyse evaluation data and synthesise findings so that findings are shareable and traceable.
- Supporting the production of high-quality evaluation reports and toolkits, interpreting often complex evidence in a way that is accessible to a wide range of audiences.
- Working closely with Lived Experience and Participation colleagues to turn evaluation findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
- Support the commissioning and management of external and independent evaluators.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need demonstrable experience in and passion for evaluation practices for learning and continuous improvement and producing evaluation evidence for digital and non-digital services - especially those that work with users from diverse groups. You will have a Professional qualification or degree in relevant fields with emphasis on mixed methods and have extensive knowledge of the strengths and limitations of different evaluation methods. You should have an analytical mind and business acumen and be able to work competently and collaboratively as part of the Data & Insights Team and National Gambling Support Network providers and commissioners.
Fixed Term Contract – 18 months
Salary: £40,301 or £43,734 for those living in London and the surrounding counties
Office based with flexible working options, attendance in the London office at least once per fortnight
Closing date for applications: 01/12/2023
Interviews will take place online via video conference - week commencing/on 11/12/2023
- 33 days basic annual leave entitlement per annum (pro-rated for part-time colleagues) including bank holidays which increases with service
- A generous Pension Scheme - we contribute 6% and you contribute 2%
- Discretionary company sick pay from day one of service
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour support
About the Company
GamCare are committed to offering the best support to people affected by gambling harms, as such we welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
Gamcare is an equal opportunities employer and doesn't discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability. We are only able to facilitate visa sponsorship in very limited circumstances, so candidates outside of the UK or who don’t have the right to work in the UK need not apply.
For any further information on the role or if you require any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the application or recruitment process, please contact email@example.com and the team will be happy to help.