This is a great time to consider your next move at GamCare as we are making a foray into AI technology. It is an excellent opportunity to use your expertise in machine learning to play a key role in the Data and Insights team and help us push the boundaries. You will help National Gambling Support Network providers build a deep understanding of machine learning practices, so they can design and deliver the services that their users need to ultimately make a real and positive difference to the lives of people affected by gambling in the UK.
The Machine Learning Engineer will be a trusted adviser to the Head of Data and Insights and will create highly efficient self-learning applications that can adapt and evolve over time. You will use your skills in designing machine learning systems and self-running artificial intelligence software to automate predictive models. You will determine and refine machine learning objectives and run machine learning tests and experiments by working closely with Lived Experience and Participation colleagues. You will transform data science prototypes and apply appropriate ML algorithms and tools.
This is a 18-month fixed term contract in the first instance, however there is potential for a permanent position.
- Determining and refining machine learning objectives and run machine learning tests and experiments.
- Designing machine learning systems and self-running artificial intelligence software to automate predictive models.
- Solving complex problems with multi-layered data sets, as well as optimizing existing machine learning libraries and frameworks.
- Transforming data science prototypes and applying appropriate ML algorithms and tools.
- Proactively engaging with colleagues and maintain effective relationships and networks.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need demonstrable experience in and passion for machine learning and understanding of business user needs. You will have a Professional qualification or bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, mathematics, or a related field. You will have extensive knowledge of ML frameworks, libraries, data structures, data modelling, and software architecture. You should have an analytical mind and business acumen and be able to work competently and collaboratively as part of the Data & Insights Team and National Gambling Support Network providers and commissioners.
Machine Learning Engineer
Fixed Term Contract – 18 months
Salary: £48,237 or £ 52,482 for those living in London and the surrounding counties
Office-based with flexible working options, attendance in the London office at least once per fortnight.
Closing date for applications: 01/12/2023
Interviews will take place online via video conference - week commencing/on 11/12/2023
- 33 days basic annual leave entitlement per annum (pro-rated for part-time colleagues) including bank holidays which increases with service
- A generous Pension Scheme - we contribute 6% and you contribute 2%
- Discretionary company sick pay from day one of service
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour support
About the Company
GamCare are committed to offering the best support to people affected by gambling harms, as such we welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
Gamcare is an equal opportunities employer and doesn't discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability. We are only able to facilitate visa sponsorship in very limited circumstances, so candidates outside of the UK or who don’t have the right to work in the UK need not apply.
For any further information on the role or if you require any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the application or recruitment process, please contact email@example.com and the team will be happy to help.