This is an exciting time to join GamCare, we’re recruiting for the role of Online Support Team Leader as we grow and develop the online support services available. A great opportunity for someone with experience of delivering support services, as well as being a confident communicator who enjoys being part of and leading a team of people. The Online Support Team Leader is a pivotal role where you will be overseeing and leading the delivery and development of the Online Support Services at GamCare (currently includes online appointments, email support, chatrooms and forums as well as a self-guided online support programme).
This role is subject to a DBS check
- Manage the daily operational processes of the Online Support Services ensuring services are providing the best possible support to users and meeting agreed KPIs
- Line Management of Online Support Practitioners including facilitating individual supervisions, team meetings, managing the teams rota including leave and cover needs.
- Advocate for and promote the Online Services both internally and externally, raising awareness of the services available to ensure they are as accessible as possible.
- Supporting the ongoing reporting and evaluation of GamCare’s Online Services.
- Identify and input into development areas of current and new Online Services.
The Ideal Candidate
As the successful candidate you’ll be leading a remote team of Online Support Practitioners. You need to have demonstrable experience of delivering support services and supervising a team of people as well as a passion for supporting others, particularly those experiencing gambling harms. You will have strong communication skills with a non-judgemental approach and the ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Online Support Team Leader
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary: £33,497 (£36,444 for those living in London and surrounding counties)
Location: Home working, with occasional attendance at the London office (quarterly)
Closing date for applications: 4 March 2024
Interviews: Will take place online via video conference on 14 March 2024
- 33 days basic annual leave entitlement per annum (pro-rated for part-time colleagues) including bank holidays which increases with service
- A generous Pension Scheme - we contribute 6% and you contribute 2%
- Discretionary company sick pay from day one of service
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour support
About the Company
Founded in 1997, GamCare is the leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone affected by gambling harms. We operate the National Gambling Helpline, provide treatment for anyone who is harmed by gambling, create awareness about safer gambling and treatment, and encourage an effective approach to safer gambling within the gambling industry.
GamCare are committed to offering the best support to people affected by gambling harms, as such we welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
Gamcare is an equal opportunities employer and doesn't discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability. We are only able to facilitate visa sponsorship in very limited circumstances, so candidates outside of the UK or who don’t have the right to work in the UK need not apply.
For any further information on the role or if you require any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the application or recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will be happy to help.