Founded in 1997, GamCare is the leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone affected by gambling harms. We operate the National Gambling Helpline, provide support to anyone who is harmed by gambling, create awareness about safer gambling and treatment, and encourage an effective approach to safer gambling within the gambling industry.
We’re recruiting a Training and Development Co-ordinator to work on an exciting new project to deliver training and engagement work to Armed Forces’ personnel and the organisations that support them. The Armed Forces Development Project is the first of its kind and the post holder will have an opportunity to make a real difference to those in the Armed Forces at risk of, or already experiencing harm from gambling.
The role has initially been funded for two years, with the key deliverables being a training programme and stakeholder engagement.
Appointment is subject to a DBS check
- Supporting the Project Manager with development of the project and its delivery, contributing to the project meeting its KPIs. This will include support in the ongoing development of training content.
- Delivering high-quality training to those working in the Armed Forces sector to raise awareness of gambling harm and how to signpost to gambling treatment and support.
- Attending Armed Forces events to gather insights about gambling support needs for this cohort and promote the training offer.
- Working with stakeholders to embed gambling screening and signposting into their organisational processes.
The Ideal Candidate
As the successful candidate you’ll need to build relationships within the Armed Forces, their communities and support organisation, and you will train them in gambling awareness and help them embed screening for gambling harm in their organisations. The project team is a small team of two and you'll be supporting the Project Manager in the development and delivery of the project. The team will be supported by, and part of, a wider Development team and GamCare’s Programmes/Training teams.
You will have demonstrable experience of building productive stakeholder relationships, designing and delivering training, and contributing to project co-ordination and development. You will have honed your skills in communication, facilitation, and organisation, enabling you to manage a diary of training and events, and to meet your KPIs effectively.
Training and Development Co-ordinator (Armed Forces Development Project)
Full Time, FTC until approx. Feb 2026
Starting salary: £33,497 (rest of UK) or £36,444 (London and the surrounding counties)
Location: Work from home with occasional travel to the London office (approx. fortnightly) OR work from the London office
Closing date for applications: 4th December 2023
Interviews will take place online via video conference: Wed 13th December 2023
- 33 days basic annual leave entitlement per annum (pro-rated for part-time colleagues) including bank holidays which increases with service
- A generous Pension Scheme - we contribute 6% and you contribute 2%
- Discretionary company sick pay from day one of service
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour support
About the Company
GamCare are committed to offering the best support to people affected by gambling harms, as such we welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
Gamcare is an equal opportunities employer and doesn't discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability. We are only able to facilitate visa sponsorship in very limited circumstances, so candidates outside of the UK or who don’t have the right to work in the UK need not apply.
For any further information on the role or if you require any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the application or recruitment process, please contact email@example.com and the team will be happy to help.