This is a great time to consider your next move at GamCare as we’re recruiting a User Researcher - this is an excellent opportunity to use your expertise in participatory user research to play a key role in the Data and Insights and Digital teams. This role will help us to embed user needs at the heart of decision making and service design, and you will help National Gambling Support Network providers build a deep understanding of their users. This will enable them to design and deliver the services that their users need to ultimately make a real and positive difference to the lives of people affected by gambling in the UK.
The User Researcher will be a trusted adviser to the Head of Data and Insights and will develop appropriate research strategies aiming to understand user needs. You will use your skills in planning, designing, preparing, and running user research activities (quantitative and qualitative) to support the design, development, and continuous improvement. You will foster a culture of team involvement in user research by working closely with Lived Experience and Participation colleagues to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
This is a 18-month fixed term contract in the first instance, however there is potential for a permanent position.
- Developing and advocating for appropriate research strategies to understand user needs for services, and to continually test and improve services.
- Planning, designing, preparing, and running user research activities (quantitative and qualitative) to support the design, development, and continuous service improvement.
- Leading colleagues to analyse user and academic research data and synthesise findings so that research is shareable and traceable.
- Effectively communicating user research findings, so that they share a strong and empathetic understanding of their users.
- Working closely with Lived Experience and Participation colleagues to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need demonstrable experience in and passion for user centred design practices for service, web, or software development. You will have a good understanding of user needs for digital and non-digital services - especially those with the most complex user journeys. You will have a Professional qualification or degree in relevant fields with emphasis on mixed methods and have extensive knowledge of the strengths and limitations of different research methods. You should have an analytical mind and business acumen and be able to work competently and collaboratively as part of the Data & Insights Team and National Gambling Support Network providers and commissioners.
Fixed Term Contract – 18 months
Salary: £40,301 or £43,734 for those living in London and the surrounding counties
Office based with flexible working options, attendance in the London office at least once per fortnight.
Closing date for applications: 01/12/2023
Interviews will take place online via video conference - week commencing/on 11/12/2023
- 33 days basic annual leave entitlement per annum (pro-rated for part-time colleagues) including bank holidays which increases with service
- A generous Pension Scheme - we contribute 6% and you contribute 2%
- Discretionary company sick pay from day one of service
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour support
About the Company
GamCare are committed to offering the best support to people affected by gambling harms, as such we welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
Gamcare is an equal opportunities employer and doesn't discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability. We are only able to facilitate visa sponsorship in very limited circumstances, so candidates outside of the UK or who don’t have the right to work in the UK need not apply.
For any further information on the role or if you require any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the application or recruitment process, please contact email@example.com and the team will be happy to help.